An Elkhart man has been cited following an accident that injured him and another man on Wednesday.
Franklin Phillips, Elkhart, lost control of the car he was driving around a bend and collided head-on with a pickup truck driven by Lance Beaudoin, Middlebury, on CR 45 near Florence Avenue at around 3:45 p.m., police said. Elkhart County in a press release.
Beaudoin was taken to a local hospital for medical treatment for non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Phillips was also injured and taken to a local hospital for treatment. He was cited by police for speeding despite road conditions and for driving left of the center line, the statement said.
• Jeffrey Hill, 50, 210 S. 23rd St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen Police and jailed for driving a vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop on the streets of North Seventh and Center around 10:45 p.m. Wednesday.
• April Owens, 22, 341 Wagner Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen Police for theft at Market Center, 4024 Elkhart Road, around 5:05 pm Wednesday. Owens was released at the scene with a summons to appear in court.
• James Brown, 43, 928 Gordon St., was arrested by Goshen Police and jailed for possession of a hypodermic needle, plus two warrants after police responded to an overdose situation at the gas station Speedway, 1906 Lincolnway East, around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday. Brown was jailed after receiving medical treatment, according to a police report.
• Bailey Baldwin, 24, 22403 Fireside Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County Police and jailed for driving a vehicle while intoxicated after police responded to an accident where the vehicle of Baldwin struck a utility pole in the 59000 block of Tanglewood Court around 9.45pm on Monday.
• Leann Burdette, 23085 CR 30, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County Police and jailed for driving a vehicle while intoxicated after police responded to an accident on US 20 at about a mile west of the Ind. 19 around 4:45 a.m. Sunday.
• Christopher Osborn, 38, of Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County Police and jailed for domestic assault, intimidation and strangulation after police responded to an incident in block 53000 of CR 27 to 1 25 hrs Sunday.
• Michelle Hernandez, Goshen, reported to Goshen Police that the Praise Chapel, 623 N. Third St., had been vandalized. The report was made around 9:15 a.m. Wednesday.
• James Long, Goshen, reported damage to his garage door at 506 Middlebury St. to Goshen Police on Wednesday which occurred over the weekend.
• Rickie Peterson reported to Elkhart County Police that a trailer containing junk was stolen from 11661 CR 50 near Ligonier between 3:30 pm and 6:30 pm Wednesday.
• Tonia Farias, Syracuse, reported to Goshen Police that her vehicle was stolen from 2530 Linden Drive on Tuesday.
• Judith Suarez, Goshen, reported to Goshen Police of a theft from a vehicle that was parked at her home, 621 Pringle Drive, between Monday evening and early Tuesday morning.
• Joshua Zentz, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County Police that the license plate was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at his home, 22195 Fenmore Ave., between 4 p.m. Friday and 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Joshua Stalhandske, Goshen, reported to Goshen Police that his van was attempted to steal from a house at 219 Citizens Avenue last weekend.
• Leatherman Supply staff reported to Goshen Police that catalytic converters were stolen from three company trucks at the company, 2423 Peddler’s Village Road, last weekend.
• Madisen Annable reported to Elkhart County Police that a vehicle struck the vehicle she was driving as she was passing from CR 117 to CR 20 on Wednesday. The driver of the other vehicle left the scene without stopping, the report said.
• Gabrielle Wilson, Goshen, reported to Goshen Police that a pickup truck carrying a trailer struck her vehicle while it was parked at the Chalet Party Shoppe, 245 Chicago Ave., around 3:50 pm Tuesday. The truck driver left the scene without stopping to exchange information.
• Jordan Carroll, Leesburg, reported an accident involving his vehicle near the 3000 block of South Main Street to Goshen Police at approximately 2:55 pm Tuesday. The driver of the other vehicle left the scene without exchanging information, the report said.
Elkhart County Police discovered that a miner had consumed alcohol on CR 17 south of CR 20 around 1 a.m. Monday.
• Goshen Police reported Wednesday that a person had fraudulently received an Indiana driver’s license, and the case is under investigation. No other information was provided in the report.
• Chris Gillam, Nappanee, reported to Elkhart County Police a case of fraud that occurred between 6:20 pm and 8:40 pm on Saturday.
• Debra Williams, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County Police a case of fraud that occurred between 10pm Friday and 8am Sunday.